Introduction of Armed Forces Medical Services
Armed Forces Medical Services is the first tri-service (Army, Navy and Air Force) organization and one of the largest organized medical services in the country. It has state of the art tertiary care hospitals and speciality centres of excellence. It provides medical support to the Armed Forces during war as well as comprehensive health care to all service personnel, ex-servicemen and their dependents during peace. Army Medical Corps provides medical aid during natural calamities both at national and international levels.
Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS) has released an employment notification for the recruitment of 200 Medical Officer vacancy for grant of Short Service Commission in the Armed Forces Medical Services. Interested and eligible candidates may apply here.
Recruitment in Armed Forces Medical Services 2021
Who can apply? Eligibility Criteria for Armed Forces Medical Services Recruitment
Age Limit: Candidate must not have attained the age of 30 years if holding an MBBS/PG Diploma and 35 years if holding a PG degree as of 31 Dec 2021.
The applicant must possess medical qualification included in First/Second Schedule or Part II of the Third Schedule of IMC Act 1956. The applicant must have permanent registration from any State Medical Council/MCI. Post graduate degree/diploma holders recognized by State Medical Council/MCI/NBE can also apply.
- Only those candidates who have completed/completed their internship on or before 30 Nov 2021 can apply.
- Applicants who have taken more than two chances in the Final Prof MBBS (Part I & II) Examination are ineligible and hence need not apply for the same.
- No of Attempt: Candidates who have passed their final MBBS examination in first or second attempt only are eligible to apply for these vacancy.
How to apply for AFMS Recruitment ?
Interested and eligible candidates may apply online for these vacancy through online mode by visiting official AFMS Recruitment Portal. Candidates may follow below mentioned steps to apply for AFMS recruitment.
- Scroll down, go to Important Web-Links section .
- Click on the “Online Application” link and complete the registration process.
- Again click on the “Online Application” link and log-in .
- Fill your all personal and educational details and upload necessary documents and submit the form.
- At the end, pay application fee and submit the form,
- Don’t forget to take a print out of the application form .
Important Dates of AFMS Recruitment 2021
- Starting date of online application submission: 13/11/2021
- Last date of online application submission: 30/11/2021